ACADEMICS: STRENGTHS & PHILOSOPHY
We teach according to Common Core and Washington State standards, as well as the Dominican Republic national standards. Our expeditionary learning curriculum is designed to provide a unique, hands-on learning experience for each student.
- Doulos Discovery School is the only internationally accredited school in Jarabacoa.
- All classes taught in English are taught by native English speakers.
- Our college prep program is designed to assist students in discovering where their God given gifts and talents can best be cultivated post graduation.
- Small classes and individualized instruction with our average class size of only 17, and a 5:1 student to staff ratio.
- As we educate and equip the future generation of Dominican leaders, we place a strong emphasis on leadership through service.
- All classes are biblically integrated, teaching students to conceptualize subjects through a Christian worldview.
- Tutoring is offered after school to students who may need additional support. Faculty meet with students during this time for individualized help according to the student’s needs. Sometimes the help is voluntary, but teachers also may require the session if they feel students need it.
- As a dual language school we offer classes in both English and Spanish.